Monthly Archives:August 2019

The TFF was threatened with expulsion from the preliminary tournament if it did not apologise by March 31 for claims of bias by officials in a chaotic end to their campaign in this year’s Nations Cup in Equatorial Guinea.

苏州皮肤管理中心

Snoussi told reporters on Monday he had met CAF president Issa Hayatou in Dakar this month and agreed a solution to the dispute between the two bodies.

Tunisia have agreed to withdraw their protest to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) after CAF fined them $50,000 (33,736 pounds) and threatened to ban them from the next tournament if the TFF did not apologise for remarks made about officials after the 2-1 quarter-final loss to hosts Equatorial Guinea.

CAF said at the time it “instructed the Tunisian federation to send to CAF a letter of apology for the insinuations of bias and lack of ethics against CAF and its officials, or to present irrefutable evidence to substantiate the accusations”.

The north Africans were incensed when Mauritian referee Rajindraparsad Seechurn awarded the hosts a penalty in the dying minutes which allowed them to take the game to extra-time and ultimately triumph 2-1.

The Tunisian players attempted to physically assault the referee after the final whistle and members of both sides clashed in ugly scenes. Seechurn was banned for six months by CAF for his role in the incident.

There is already one case against CAF lodged with CAS.

Morocco were kicked out of the 2017 and 2019 competitions for their late withdrawal of hosting privileges for the 2015 edition due to fears over the spread of the Ebola virus.

The Royal Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF) was fined $1 million and ordered to pay 8.05 million euros ($9.12 million) in damages to the CAF and its partners. That case is still pending.

(Reporting by Nick Said, editing by Ed Osmond)

Thailand’s Dechawat Poomjaeng has produced a stunning first-round upset at the China Open with a 5-4 win over Australian snooker star Neil Robertson.

苏州皮肤管理中心

Robertson won snooker’s Triple Crown – the World and UK Championship and the Masters – and also took this title in 2013 and was runner-up last year.

But despite leading 3-1 at the interval, with breaks of 56 and 63 in frame four, the world number three was pegged back by Poomjaeng.

The popular and eccentric Thai player made breaks of 40 and 30 in the first frame back, levelled the match in a scrappy sixth frame and led for the first time after a 74 in the next.

Robertson responded with a 74 of his own and led with a 44 in the decider, but Poomjaeng responded with 48 and won the frame and match on the final black.

Home favourite and reigning champion Ding Junhui had no such trouble in Beijing, beating Scotland’s Marcus Campbell 5-1.

Ding took the first frame after forcing Campbell into a dangerous pot attempt and finally got across the line in a messy second frame to lead 2-0 – despite an unlucky foul on the black extending the frame.

The third followed as a 66, Ding’s highest break of the match, brought him back from 47-0 down but Campbell finally got on the board in the frame before the interval.

The Scot, sporting a Union Jack bow-tie, was doing enough to prevent Ding reaching his fluent best but breaks of 41 in frame five and 58 and 50 in the next clinched victory.

Ali Carter was beaten 5-4 by Norway’s Kurt Maflin despite making three breaks over 60.

Carter led three times and was within a frame of victory at 4-2, but the key moment came when he made 66 in frame seven but Maflin came back to win it and went on to take the match.

Alan McManus was also beaten from 4-2 up by youngster Jack Lisowski.

Some typical strangling safety play got the Scot off to a good start and breaks of 54 and 80 took him to the verge of victory.

But Lisowski levelled with runs of 78 and 56 and then won the deciding frame as well.

The artwork.

苏州皮肤管理中心

 Yininmadyemi, which translates to “Thou Didst Let Fall,” depicts four standing bullets and three fallen shells that represent Indigenous soldiers who both survived and were sacrificed as part of their service in Australia’s military.

The Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moore hailed contemporary Indigenous artist Tony Albert for his tribute, which stands in front of the ANZAC memorial in Hyde Park and on an historical ritual contest ground on Gadigal country. 

“It is a powerful and a confronting work that does not shrink from the reality of war,” she said.

The artwork represents a long history of Indigenous diggers who have gone unrecognised for their service, something the Indigenous community has been pushing to change for a long time.

Unveiling of Indigenous #diggers tribute artwork @ Hyde Park. “Yininmadyemi.” #ANZAC @SBSNews pic.twitter广西桑拿,/Eanp31jN0a

— Rachael Hocking (@R_nungarrayi) March 30, 2015

In 2007, the Babana Men’s Group and the Coloured Diggers began campaigning for an artwork that told the truth about Indigenous Australian’s contribution in combat overseas.

“It came from a lot of the comments and wishes of the wider community. They felt the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders weren’t getting their proper recognition,” said Harry Allie, an Indigenous elder who was part of the Air Force and is a committee member of the Coloured Diggers Projects.

Governor of NSW David Hurley AC, DSC who attended the opening acknowledged that the homecoming of Indigenous military was often marred by racism or at best their service was ignored.

“For those [Indigenous soldiers] who returned home they found the same prejudice and discrimination as before they left with few rights, unemployment, low wages and poor living conditions.

“In short, while they were accepted in their war service, when they returned home they were not,” he said.

Tony Albert is no stranger to war stories – his family’s combined service spans more than 80 years.

He says a story from his grandfather’s experiences during WW2 provided personal inspiration for the bullet-and-shell sculpture.

Tony’s Aunt Trisha Albert told the experience of her father – Tony’s grandfather – Eddie Albert, when he was captured in Italy in April in 1944. 

“The Italian soldiers promptly ordered Eddie and the six men to stand outside,” she said. “Where to Eddie’s horror, three of the men were executed.”

Eddie and the remaining three were spared after they were identified as British soldiers. They were sent to Germany as prisoners of war.

The artwork, by Tony Albert, shows 3 standing bullets & 3 fallen shells. For those who survived, and those who didnt. pic.twitter广西桑拿,/R29BnVxUl4

— Rachael Hocking (@R_nungarrayi) March 30, 2015

Less noticeable but significant is the boomerang-shaped base the sculpture sits on.

Indigenous communities often gave boomerangs, the L-shaped weapon known for its ability to return after being thrown, as gifts to Australian soldiers. They symbolised a safe return. 

With Laura Murphy-Oates

Earlier this month, football’s world governing body FIFA ended more than four years of uncertainty over the timing of the World Cup in Qatar by announcing it would be played in November and December with the final on Dec.

苏州皮肤管理中心

18.

One of the biggest challenges of hosting the tournament in the summer months, when temperatures at times exceed 40 degrees Celsius, was cooling down the stadiums but with the shift to the winter the organising committee is reassessing the situation.

“The temperatures are lower in the winter so the demand for cooling will be lower,” Dario Cadavid, technical assurance and integration manager at Qatar’s 2022 Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy told Reuters in an interview.

“It’s very possible that during that time of the year that cooling isn’t required for the winter,” he added, without giving any details on the potential cost savings of using less energy if the cooling systems are not used.

Qatar always said a summer World Cup was viable thanks to revolutionary cooling technologies it is developing for stadiums, training areas and fan zones but there was still widespread concern for the health of players and fans.

However, Cadavid downplayed those concerns.

“In order to provide safety for the players we need to provide a temperature between 26 and 29 degrees… our target is 26 degrees,” he said.

Whether it is used at the finals or not research on cooling technologies is continuing because Qatar wants the 2022 stadiums to be available for local league games all year, said Cadavid who described this aspect of the bid as the “legacy” element.

There are fewer local matches scheduled each week in the summer than there will be at the World Cup and they require less planning so maintaining cool temperatures in the stadiums will require lower amounts of energy, according to Cadavid.

“…matches in the summer for the local leagues are less frequent than a tournament.. you have two matches per week so less demand for energy,” he said.

COMPACT CUP

FIFA also decided to cut the length of the 2022 tournament from 32 to 28 days, meaning more games will be played per day and a country of Qatar’s size might thus need fewer stadiums.

The number of stadiums planned for the finals has not been announced but the revolutionary cooling system will be installed when each ground is constructed, Cadavid said.

“It’s more difficult to put in the systems after the stadiums are finished… it becomes more expensive and complex because the cooling system is integrated so that needs to happen now.”

While declining to detail the costs or energy required to bring temperatures down from 40C to 26C, Cadavid said the general expense of installing the “mechanical” aspects of a stadium with a cooling system was 20-30 percent of the total.

As part of Qatar’s original bid, he said the organising committee will provide all the energy used for cooling from sustainable resources including building a 100 megawatt solar power plant and installing solar panels in every stadium.

“This technology has been proven so it’s no longer a fantasy… we are working to make it more sustainable,” he said.

(Reporting by Amena Bakr; editing by Ken Ferris)

“Harry Kane will make full debut and play from the start and Wayne Rooney will captain the team,” Hodgson told reporters.

苏州皮肤管理中心

“It’s nice to see the two of them on the field together from the start. Harry certainly deserves his chance.”

Kane, joint top scorer in the Premier League with 19 goals, headed England’s fourth goal 80 seconds after replacing Rooney in the 4-0 win over Lithuania in Friday’s Euro 2016 qualifier.

Rooney, who has 102 England caps and is on the verge of breaking Bobby Charlton’s 45-year-old England scoring record of 49 goals, was delighted at the prospect of playing alongside Kane for the first time.

“It’s exciting that Harry Kane has done well in the Premier League. It’s fantastic. Hopefully he continues that form with England,” said Rooney, who has scored 47 international goals..

“It’s a big night for him with his first start for England. I’m sure he’ll be excited. He’ll go out and try and give his best and I’m excited to play with him and hopefully we can do well to try and help the team win.

“Our aim is to reach the Euros. Tomorrow will be a good test and we are looking forward to it.”

Hodgson declined to follow Italy coach Antonio Conte’s tactic in naming his final 11 on the eve of the match.

Instead, all he would say was: “It’s a friendly match and it’s a time to experiment with some of the players.

“We take the game very seriously and it’s a great opportunity for players who haven’t had the opportunity in some of the qualifiers to show that they really deserve their place in the squad.

“It’s an opportunity for players to impress both managers.”

England top Group E in their Euro 2016 qualifiers with 15 points from five matches while Italy are second on 11 points in Group H, two behind leaders Croatia.

(Writing by Pritha Sarkar in London, editing by Justin Palmer)